Saturday, October 18, 2014

unrequited love (pt.1)

i never thought i'd feel like this
you want to know how i feel,
i feel like that old couch on the side of the road,
useless, something that no one wants,
something people throw away after it's served a purpose.
you want to know why i feel like trash
it's because of him.

he looked at me from across the room
he said "hello"
he talked to me for two hours straight
he cracked jokes with me like it was no one's business
he called me snowflake
he was so sweetly sarcastic
he thought i had potential
he sparked my interest
he treated me like i'm supposed to be treated
he made me feel special
he managed to make me fall in love with him.

he did all this, and it sounds great,
but i feel like trash
because he didn't return my love.
and you know what? 
it hurts.

a.n
10/18/14

No comments:

Post a Comment